Saturday, April 14, 2012

Home and pampered.

10 years living out of home. 10 years I got my own space. And now after graduation I went back to my home and currently resides there. Selalunya kids lepas dah graduate they will have to move out to get their own place and stuff. Tapi aku? stuck inside the parents home sebab aku kerja kat KL. Kerja KL means that I cannot get my own place coz my mum won't let me. She said, "Cukup la 10 tahun duduk di luar." My dad doesn't share her views though.

As for me? I would love to get my own place. Sebab if I am being honest here, memang lah seronok duduk di rumah, sewa tak payah bayar. Cuma hulur duit sikit-sikit je. But my only space that I got is my own room. Tu pun kadang-kadang susah nak dapat privacy. Right now, I feel a bit suffocated staying at home. Let me lay out the reasons;

1) Aku suka keluar. Suka pergi berjalan sana sini. But then mum will complain, asyik keluar je, tak lekat kat rumah. Sorry la ma, I am not like every other "anak dara" that will stay at home. I will get friggingly freakingly super ultimately bored to the point that I feel frustrated kalau duduk melangut je kat rumah.

2) When I'm at home, I need my own space. I close the door when I need space. I open it when I don't anymore. Tapi people at home tak faham. They think they can barge in anytime. Kadang-kadang kita letih nak bercakap dengan orang, so kita nak duduk dalam bilik sorang-sorang kejap. Tapi tak dapat. Argh so frustrating when that happens!

3) Bila kita duduk sendiri, kita tau lah macamana nak urus rumah. Bila nak basuh, lipat, sidai, sapu, mop etc etc. I'll make sure to get it done even by myself. Tapi bila duduk kat rumah, lain rentaknya. I have to be one step earlier than the bosses to do all those stuff without being told to macam budak kecik. I guess I am still their little girl.

I am not complaining about my parents. No, they are the super awesome parents one could get. I thank Allah for I was born as their child. BUT sometimes I need space. That is all I need. And plus, staying at home doesn't help me to alleviate my laziness. I become more pampered and thus kurang sikit la inisiatif nak berdikarinya. Macam mana nak berlatih jadi isteri orang u tell me?

Tapi kalau duduk luar, lain la pulak masalahnye. Belanja semua sendiri urus; sewa rumah, makan minum etc etc you have to do it your ownself. But the perk is I got my own space. I can do whatever I want with boundaries and limits in mind lah.

Aaaa. How la?

1 comment:

Zinedine Zaiddin said...

Err...sewa rumah sebelah? Still get your own space, tp x jauh dgn parents. bila2 rindu balik je rumah. hahaha