Saturday, July 9, 2011

Tempat jatuh lagikan dikenang, inikan pula tempat bermain.

Hari ni hari yang bersejarah buat Malaysia. Yeah yeah, isu Bersih tak habis-habis.
I'm kind of proud to be Malaysian, because peaceful rallying and peaceful demos mean that we know how to exercise our democracy rights. Scrolling down the hashtags in twitter for Bersih 2.0 and all its related hotspots such as Plaza Pudu, Petaling Street, Masjid Negara makes me a bit nostalgic. All these places; I grew up here, in Kuala Lumpur. Though my home is at Rawang, but I practically roam KL streets more than I roam Rawang's.

Primary school is located at the heart of KL. SK Batu Road Girls School is located near Sogo, while SK Convent 1 Bukit Nanas is located near Puduraya and Masjid Jamek. My religious school was at Kg Baru, and my English class was at Masjid Jamek too. Heck, even my old house was at Kg. Baru. Mama's office is at Jalan Raja Laut while Abah's at Kg Baru.

Therefore, to watch all the drama unfolding in the heart of KL, I feel a bit proud, a mixture of sadness and pride to see Malaysians coming together to try and exercise our rights. I'm not saying I'm advocating and supporting the Bersih rally as hard-on as certain people, I'm also not a big fan of the suppressing the need for proper democracy. My opinion is that of an idealistic person, always trying to be and see everything as perfect. I was kind of upset with the rally because it turned political, and biased on certain political parties. It is supposed to be a non-political rally yet the slogan "Reformasi" was shouted again and again. That was an 11 years-old slogan, and non relevant to what Bersih is fighting for.

That is all I have to say. Anything else, I don't dare to comment. :)

No comments: